Children with a Social Worker

Advice for Social Workers

Although we are unable to attend CIN and CP meetings or work directly with children and families; we are available to talk directly to social workers and advise them on any aspect of education. We will support social workers with the necessary knowledge and understanding of educational issues to enable them to challenge and work with schools effectively.

VSKAT can offer advice on educational issues to social workers working with young people aged 0-18. This can include advice and further signposting on:

  • Attainment data
  • Well-being of the young person
  • What to ask schools to put in place to support the young person
  • SEN processes
  • Interventions and strategies for a school to consider when meeting the needs of the young person
  • Attendance and exclusions
  • Reduced Timetables
  • Local area support systems, external organisations/activities that could support the young person.

If you wish to speak to a member of the VSKAT, please complete the Initial Contact Form to arrange a phone consultation. Please provide us with a brief summary of the information that you require and where the young person attends school, so that we can make sure the correct Education Support Officer contacts you at a mutually convenient time.

  • VSKAT offer educational settings/Social Worker consultations with VSKAT and the Kent Education Psychology service. Please speak to the school and contact us for more information.
  • VSKAT will highlight local projects and workstreams to social workers supporting children and families within the area. We will encourage joint working practices to support the cohort of children within each school and local area.