Posted on by
VSK are pleased to announce the new subscription service to Family Action, available to all guardians as well as professionals supporting children with a Special Guardianship Order in Kent.
The subscription allows families free access to:
- A dedicated website containing up-to-date information and guidance, downloadable resources and signposting to other sources of support:
a) The role of a special guardian
b) Family relationships - how to manage birth family contact and sibling interactions
c) Helping a child to feel secure - how to manage transitions and the impact of domestic violence
d) Working with schools
e) Accessing financial support
f) Managing birth family contact
g) Supporting a child with a special need or health condition
h) How special guardians can take care of their health and wellbeing
- Online web chat with trained professionals available 5 days a week with a crisis text service available at all other times
- Telephone helpline offering support from trained operators 5 days a week with a crisis text service available at all other times
- Trained out of hours operators who you can talk to via phone, text, email or web chat. The operators will be available Monday to Friday 9am to 9pm.
- A referral into one of the Family Action’s virtual tier 2 services (Befriending, Coaching or Counselling) where relevant.
VSK have put together a handy guide for schools, guardians and professionals, outlining what the subscription offers as well as the other support services and signposting for these families.
The VSK Advisory Team can offer educational advice to any family, education setting or professional supporting a previously looked after child. Although VSK are unable to offer any direct advice to families whose children were not previously looked after, they can offer email or phone advice to professionals and education settings (with parental consent).
Please do get in touch: VSKAdvisoryTeam@kent.gov.uk