The Kent and Medway Collaborative Network (KMCNET) have created a series of video’s on College Higher Education (HE) that explore why courses taught in Further Education College are an accessible and viable route to gaining a degree or other qualification.
Three video’s which we recommend viewing:
- Not sure about Uni? Why College HE may be the answer! - students from the colleges across Kent and Medway give an insight into their experiences of College Higher Education, discussing the support available, different learning styles catered for, misconceptions about courses and the many benefits, including small group support, reduced tuition fees and the ability to earn and learn.
- What is a Top Up? - In this short video, Steve Batchelor, the Director of HE at Mid Kent College explains what a ‘Top up’ is and how it works for students.
- What is a Foundation Degree? - James Dand, the HE Development Manager at North Kent College explains what a Foundation Degree is, structure, assessments and what to expect.
In addition to the video’s they have also created the following resources to support young people considering the different routes into higher education:
- A map showing all the places you can study a HE course which includes both universities and colleges
- A handout that explains the various different pathways available to studying HE
- A collated list of all the HE courses currently available at colleges in Kent and Medway.
- Details of upcoming events for students to find out more about HE across Kent and Medway’s universities and colleges