Posted on by
Kent Cares Town aims to provide Children in Care with information about what it means to be in care in Kent and how Kent County Council supports them as their Corporate Parents.
For Care Leavers and those preparing to leave care, there is information about the support and services available to them and advice to help them make the transition to independence.
Over the past year, the website has been substantially redesigned to make it easier to navigate and we’ve added more up to date information. A key innovation is that young people can now choose one of three portals – Primary, Secondary or Moving On - to access age appropriate information about the things they’ve told us they want to know. In fact, throughout the redesign process, young people were consulted to ensure the website reflects their needs.
So what’s different?
- Works on all devices – laptops, desktops, tablets and mobiles
- 3 separate portals with age related content
- Information about being in care, health, education and much more
- Capable of hosting surveys
- An easy way for young people to contact VSK
- Contributions from young people – artwork, writing or poems
- A regularly updated ‘Latest News’ section
- Information about some of the young people’s Corporate Parents
- Space for vlogs, blogs and podcasts
- An app is also in development
We hope that it proves a useful resource for young people who want to find out more about what being in the care of Kent County Council means.
If you have any questions or feedback or know a young person who would like to contribute to the website, please email: Joanne Carpenter