Posted on by
This school year has been a very different and for some, difficult year for young people, and we know that our care experienced children and young people have had to face some additional challenges since the outbreak of Covid-19.
We also know that many of them have risen to this challenge and found lots of positives during this time. We are still hearing amazing things that our young people have been doing both at home and with school work.
Although we are sadly having to accept that the likelihood of us holding our Annual September and October Awards Ceremonies to celebrate outstanding achievements isn’t looking likely, we want to ensure that our young people do not miss out on the opportunity of having their achievements recognised and rewarded.
So we would like to advise that nominations for this year for Kent Children in Care and Care Leavers are now open. You can nominate young people from Early Years to Year 13+ using the online nomination form.
Award Categories are:
- Outstanding or greatly improved academic achievement
- Outstanding or greatly improved engagement and/or attitude towards learning
- Outstanding or greatly improved attendance
- Outstanding contribution to the education, training, or employment placement
- Outstanding contribution to the community
- Wider achievements of note
- Acts of Kindness Award (a new category for 2020 for any young person who has carried out an act of kindness during the coronavirus pandemic)
The deadline to make a nomination is Monday 31 August 2020. As in previous years we will not be able to accept any nominations after this date.
We would like to encourage to make a nomination to help us ensure that we share and celebrate our young people’s achievements.
If you have any further questions, please contact us at: email@example.com