Posted on by
The third annual VSK Post 16 Awards evening was held on the 20th October with a fantastic turnout of young people and their supporters. Held at Oakwood House in Maidstone, the evening celebrated the hard work and achievements of the Post 16 young people, nominated by their education providers, Social Workers, Foster Carers and VSK staff.
The nomination categories were:
- Outstanding or greatly improved academic achievement
- Outstanding or greatly improved engagement in learning
- Outstanding or greatly improved attitude toward learning
- Outstanding or greatly improved attendance
- Outstanding contribution to the School, College or Work Place
- Outstanding contribution to the community
- Wider achievements of note
The evening started with entertainment from Martin Collins, The Kent Magician, a photo booth and a selection of games provided by Kent Sport. We also had a large canvas board for young people to share their top tips for new year 11 young people along with a couple of fun quizzes and a raffle.
Our guest speakers Nick Stillwell and David Court, from SupaJam gave a very inspiring speech sharing their journey and imparting the following advice:
- Always follow your gut
- Always grab opportunity by the throat
- Always celebrate your failures
Andrew Ireland, Corporate Director of Social Care, Health and Wellbeing closed the evening thanking the VSK staff for working so hard supporting young people and organising the best awards ceremonies!
The following awards were presented:
- 1 Gold Award
- 7 Silver Awards
- 85 Bronze Awards
- 7 young people received ‘Star of 2016’ awards for their involvement with our Young Adults Council